Thursday, July 22, 2010

Week One: Exercise

Bonjour mes amis,

Right now it's Thursday evening, meaning tomorrow is Friday, meaning that my first week of attempting to exercise will be over. I must admit I'm rather disappointed with myself. I'm so lazy. Once I get going I'll work hard and feel great afterwards, but the problem is getting started! Monday I ran on the treadmill, Tuesday I didn't have time, last night I went for a run in the park, and tonight I did nothing even though I had no excuse. Tomorrow I'm going to run on the treadmill again, I think. Then I'll be at my dad's house for the weekend, and on Monday I'll return to starting the Slim in 6 program. I used it over spring break and it was an incredible work out!

As far as food goes, my only bad day was Tuesday. In the early afternoon a friend treated me to Dairy Queen and then after dinner, E's family served chocolate ice cream with raspberries. It was so good. Other than that I ate pretty well!

Next week I have to work harder. I promised a friend I would, which by itself should be enough motivation, but beyond that I don't want to be the last one to finish come gym (Aerobics, to be specific) in the fall. First time I've had any gym class since Freshman year. Ick. Plus, I just plain need to get in shape. I can do this!

À demain,
Mlle Delphine

1 comment:

The Beans said...

Don't despair, my dear. Just take each day at a time.

You are right: starting is the most difficult part, but once you are used to getting some exercise, you will find that your body craves for it. On days when you *don't* exercise, you might get antsy and just want to move around.

Just keep it up!

-French Bean