Saturday, July 24, 2010

Mission gâteau individuel de paradis

Bonjour mes amis,

If you are not currently drooling at the image of the gâteau individuel to your left, you certianly should be. My friend, E, over at Upon A Whim has been mentioning this little bakery called Sweets Bakeshop she saw for a while now and has been wanting to stop inside. Unfortunately we weren't able to make the trip together because she left on her vacation today. I did, however, stop by with my father just a few minutes ago.

This cupcake is the one I tried, titled the "Peanutbutter Cup" quite simply, and the ones my father and brother had, "Black and White" and "Triple Chocolate" were also bluntly named. But why would you need to be creative with the name when the cupcake itself is heaven?

Now, I've had good food before, the kind where as soon as you see the chef you look to see if they're carrying the famous dish with them (alas, they usually are not). But these cupcakes have an entire league of their own. They also, unfortunately, have an entire price range of their own. Each regular sized cupcake is $3.00 a peice, and you can get mini-cupcakes for $1.50 each. As you can imagine, the mini-cupcakes are bite-sized.

This of course, has spurred me to go on a mission. I must find a way to recreate these divine wonders! The first thing I noticed was how fluffy and soft the icing (frosting?) was; it was sort of like the consistancy of whipped cream. I think I'll probably start with that.

E, when you get home, we have a lot of baking to do.

À demain,
Mlle Delphine

1 comment:

The Beans said...

*drools*

The French are only beginning to understand that glory that is the cupcake. Slowly, but surely...

-French Bean